We couldn’t do it without you!
NorthWords is indebted to the many generous organizations that have stepped forward to help us out, both with cash and in-kind contributions. Without our sponsors, there would be no NorthWords. We are grateful to the following:
Our Premier Sponsor:
De Beers is the Premier Sponsor of NorthWords. The company was the first sponsor of NorthWords when the festival began in 2006 and donates about $20,000 in cash and in-kind donations to annually. They sponsor the DeBeers Gala Readings at our annual Festival and in 2012 gave NorthWords a donation of $20,000 to publish Coming Home: Stories from the Northwest Territories, an anthology in which 17 northern writers were published, many of them for the first time. NorthWords is grateful to De Beers for its contribution to Northern and Aboriginal writing.
NorthWords is also grateful for the donations of many other corporations and government agencies, without which we would not exist.
- CBC North: TV/radio promotions; MCs for festival events
- Explorer Hotel: Complimentary hotel rooms and meeting space
- FIrst Air, the Airline of the North (0fficial Airline of NorthWords): Complimentary or reduced airfares.
- The NWT Arts Council: Monetary support.
- Education, Culture and Employment: Monetary support.
- Canadian Heritage: Monetary support.
- City of Yellowknife: Monetary support.
- The Yellowknife Book Cellar: Administrative support, promotion.
- NWT Literacy Council: Administrative support, promotion.
- Aurora College: Meeting space.
- above&beyond, Canada’s Arctic Journal: Sponsor of our annual Great Northern Canada Writing Contest.
- Lucky Jack Press: Graphic Design.
- Yellowknife Public Library: Meeting space, promotion.
- Mary Kaeser Library, Fort Smith: Meeting space.
- Northwestern Air: Reduced airfare.
- CODE: Author sponsorship
- Northern Lights Museum, Fort Smith
- Fine Arts Council of Thebacha
- Inn Traillairre, Fort Smith: Reduced rates for accommodation